FIGR Environmental Department
To maintain an environmental program that protects and preserves the environment for future generations.
Environmental Department Responsibilities
Our primary responsibilities include the following:
- Pursue projects that reflect this goal- Expand parks, open space and sacred sites within our Territory.
- Invest resources into the enhancement of environmental education for the Tribe and the public.
- Utilize trust lands for support of this goal through partnership projects and educational opportunities.
- Nurture the spirit for Tribal Citizens through involvement with FIGR Environmental Protection Department.
- Increase Tribal family participation in environmental community projects.
- Strengthen (utilize) partnerships and collaboration to augment grant applications, programs, projects and to build sense of community.
- Be a leader in environmental sustainability.
- Create a Sustainability Plan that accounts for Tribal emissions and addresses areas to improve operation and reduce the Tribes carbon footprint including but not limited to the following
- Green office policies and procedures.
- Environmentally friendly project management.
- Environmental outreach and education.
Executive Director of Governmental Operations